• I am not a seed reseller like some heirloom tomato seed companies who buy bulk seeds from the US and simply repackage and some who even rename varieties; rather, every single seed has been harvested from my (non-certified) organic backyard garden in Airdrie, Alberta, Canada (zone 3A).
• All seeds are open pollinated and have never and will never come in contact with GMO tomatoes. I have signed the Safe Seed Pledge.
• Seed packaging- I try to make my seed packaging as informative as possible- including a colour picture- given the space. Please double click the image
for a better view:
I offer between 25+ seeds per package as my growing conditions are extremely challenging:
1. Late spring frosts (June 7) 2. Early fall frosts (August 24),
3. Hail 4. Late spring snow (May 25)
4. Late summer snow (September 9)
5. At 1076 m (3530 ft.) our evening temperatures which may get above 15°C (59°F) once or twice in a summer, do not allow for growing tomatoes in an open garden. Tomatoes will stop growing below 15°C (59°F) and for optimum fruit set occurs when the temperatures are between 18.5°C (65°F) and 26.5°C (81°F).
My increased costs due growing in a greenhouse and the labour intensive process of bagging, un-bagging and marking each truss are reflected in the price of each seed package and shipping charges; in addition, the costs of creating and maintaining this website and my annual tomato seed catalogue are also included.