May Long Weekend Pick-Up
Third Saturday in March
These self-watering containers can be used to grow any vegetable. I use them to grow my tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants. The easiest system to grow in:
1. Fill the wicking basket with Pro-Mix (potting mix).
2. Lay down some weed fabric to prevent Pro-Mix (potting mix) from falling into the water chamber.
3. Fill the container with Pro-Mix. Moisten as you add the mix.
4. Lay down fertilizer strip.
5. Add water through fill tube.
6. Plant your vegetables.
For more complete description of this system please visit: https://www.tomatofest.com/tomato-earthtainer-faq.html
Unfortunately, the trees on the side of my house have matured to the point where they are now blocking out the sun to grow my beloved tomatoes.
You can grow one large indeterminate tomato in the small Rubbermaid Roughneck containers (68 litre- 23.75" x 16" x 17") and 2 indeterminates in the large Rubbermaid Roughneck containers (94 litre- 29"x 16.75" x 19.5").
Price for my homemade Earthtainer with copper fill pipe:
68 litre $20
94 litre $30
Each Earthtainer uses two Roughneck totes.
SIMPLE RULES to FOLLOW
Download the PDF file.
2018 May Long Weekend Pick-Up
Fri. 18 4 - 7pm
5. PICK-UP Details